1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preakness = Talladega north?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 19, 2007.

1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I've never been to Mardi Gras and probably won't make it for awhile, but the Derby infield is the premier party of the year for me. It has yet to be topped. If you enjoy being young, irresponsible and incredibly stupid, there's no better place to go.

Of course, you have to watch out for the occasional crackhead who enjoys the rocks right in the middle of the party, but other than that, it's awesome.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Watch out for so you can buy?

3. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Nahhh, I'm not much for crack. Drugs just aren't my thing.

But the crack and potheads really make it easier for a 20-year old to get away with underage drinking. For once, the cops just don't seem to care much about us.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Going to the Preakness used to be an annual trip 30 years ago and I see things haven't improved. People who've had too much to drink are everywhere, and I can vouch from first-hand experience that the one thing you do not want to do in the infield on Preakness Day is visit a men's room say, after the third or fourth race. The lines get so long and invariably some moron is going to use a sink for a urinal. Then, because one person does it, . . . It is disgusting.

When I went, I think admission to the track was only $5, or perhaps $10. Now it's $50 or $60 to get into the infield, a price I thought would reduce the number of people who pay that only to sit outside in the sun and get loaded. I guess I was wrong.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Derby infield is MUCH better-natured than the Preakness infield.

Far too many drunken, loutish Johns Hopkins pre-med assholes in the Baltimore infield, for my tastes.
    You'd think you were at a Duke lacrosse party, or something.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Relax, the image is SFW.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

For The Love Of The Interent, POST SOME NSFW links

Draft saved Draft deleted