1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preakness = Talladega north?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 19, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm scanning over some of the early Preakness photos on the AP wire, and there's shots of woman baring her breasts, guys walking into the infield with plenty of coolers and beer, and several guys wandering in while wearing speedos. And, my personal favorite, more than one person running across the top of a row of portajohns while others toss beer at them (which leads me to believe it's some kind of competition).
    When did the Preakness infield turn into a Northern white-trash version of Talladega? And if it rains, will we see the mud people like at Woodstock?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sounds like a tame version of the Kentucky Derby to me.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

NBC did it's part to promote the beer industry with someone on a Slip-N-Slide going head-first then being doused in beer.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They did an interview during the ESPN portion with an infield janitor. Weak as shit. Anyway, they asked him what was the worst thing he'd seen and he started going off about people urinatin' on the lawn. They cut him off real quick.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'd love to know which papers end up using the photo of the woman with exposed nipple. Thanks, AP. That's useful.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to Balmer, hon! We brought some natty boh from the liquor store down Dundalk, and then picked up my brother-in-law, you know the guy who gave my older sister syphillis after he got out of prison, from his place over in Essex. You know, the one who has the place with the corner stoop? After the race we're all going to Waverly to play some duckpin and drink more natty boh.

BTW, the answer to your question is pretty much fucking forever.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

thank you, headbutt, for setting them straight.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Almost as tasteful as the ones yesterday of Pamela Anderson at the (nice) Cans Film Festival.

9. Some day, a desker at some paper going to walk into AP HQ and...
    Well, it ain't gonna be pretty at all, as Warren Z once said.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought it referred to on-track carnage?

11. KP

KP Active Member

TTIUWOP

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, there was a three-horse pileup and a fatality in one of the preliminary races.

Draft saved Draft deleted