1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preakness Stakes 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, May 11, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

My horse to win is Pioneer of the Nile.

Friesan Fire should place or show.

2. Big Drama, Musketman, Pioneer and Rachael in a tri-box.

$50 on Big Drama to place and show.
    $50 on Rachael to win and place.

Now I'm off to the track to play the early races. 10 minutes to the first post

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Believe the outside (Yano) has a legitimate shot at a HUGE number in the Hirsch Jacobs.

Colonel Rutledge could be the nuts in the Woodlawn.

The big race? Knock yourself out.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is on NBC, right?

What's post time?

My NBC station is showing some infomercial about how to fix your TV during the digital switch.

Edit: It just came on. So, pre-race started at 3:30 p.m., despite my newspaper saying the race was at 3:30 p.m. Whoops.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Newspapers I've worked at usually listed broadcast time as "starting" time. Horse races usually got a separate post time listed, but like a 7 p.m. NASCAR race would be listed at 6 p.m.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I blind squirreled Mine That Bird in the Derby, but I can't see backing him again today.

I don't like Rachel's ROI but I don't know if she can be beaten unless Borel gets her stuck in traffic.

So I might go with keying 13 in a trifecta box over 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 11. That'd be $40.

Probably throw together an exacta box without her just in case she is upset.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Post is 6:05 p.m. eastern, I think.

Infield drunkenness average time was 9:30 a.m.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I drew Musket Man in the $1 office pool. The guy who organized it drew the filly.

I called shenanigans.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

As you should have.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The gal wins it.

Listening to his postrace interview, I know one thing: Calvin Borel needs his own reality show.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I agree. I think he's fantastic. Interesting that he said he didn't think she was gave everything b/c she didn't like her footing.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If you did that, it would be a shame that you didn't put Musket Man in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted