1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Super Tuesday Presidential poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Who is your pick for the 2020 Presidential election?

1. Joe Biden

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Michael Bloomberg

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Amy Klobuchar

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Bernie Sanders

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Tom Steyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Donald Trump

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Elizabeth Warren

23 vote(s)
    26.1%
  9. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Mayor Pete is the first candidate who isn’t a billionaire to drop TV ads in Florida

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let's all try to remember, because cable news will forget, that the Super Tuesday state with the most delegates, California, will take many days, probably some weeks, to count all its ballots. This will be really significant because of how close the non-Bernie candidates there are to the 15 percent cutoff mark to get delegates.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Obama's 2008 campaign was thrilling to this independent. Felt like a new beginning.

The guy lost the plot in his second term. And I think he comes from a good place, the right kind of intentions.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He didn’t know how to react to the complete shutdown of republicans to even attempt to engage in government. McConnell just decided that he couldn’t enact anything he wanted, but he could damn sure just shut it down. He didn’t lose the plot, he recognized that the opposition to him and his policies was just an opposition to a successful black man who was better and smarter than you and they were. And the response was to deny him and the office the respect to engage in the political process.

he did the best he could under the circumstances, but too many people who think they are civilized turned into trolls and racists.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's like that all over - with numerous candidates battling for the political "Mendoza line." Klobuchar will be done after Tuesday - outside of Minnesota, she won't pick up a delegate.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Holy shit, 34 percent pulling for Liz Warren? No chance I vote for her. If she's the nominee, I just won't vote.

Liut likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not today, Satan.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My attitude on that is the same as when the Bernie Brothers say that if Bernie isn't the nominee, they'll just stay home.

If you could have voted against Trump and you don't, that's a vote for Trump.

10. CD Boogie

I'd rather have Trump than her. She's godawful.

Liut likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’m curious what, specifically, makes her worse than Trump?

12. CD Boogie

He's the devil I know. Yeah, he's a shit heel human and I don't agree with some of the policies of his administration. But my life has not been unduly affected by his tenure. The idea of college loan forgiveness is fucking bullshit, a total pandering job to get votes from recent graduates. Fuck that. My parents were two school teachers who put 4 kids through college. They had at least one person in college from 1982-1995. The idea of loan forgiveness is a goddamn insult to people like my parents. Wanna go to college and take on loans? Study something practical, get a good job and pay off the loans. Otherwise, don't go. Plenty of good-paying blue collar jobs out there.

The dig she made at Bloomberg the other day during the debate -- claiming he told some woman to "kill it" in reference to an abortion -- was way over the fucking line. Every time I see her on TV, she's barking at someone. She just doesn't do it for me.

justgladtobehere and Liut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.