1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Super Tuesday Presidential poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Who is your pick for the 2020 Presidential election?

1. Joe Biden

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Michael Bloomberg

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Amy Klobuchar

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Bernie Sanders

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Tom Steyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Donald Trump

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Elizabeth Warren

23 vote(s)
    26.1%
  9. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If the 2020 election were held today, for whom would you vote? Feel free to explain why. Options in alphabetical order

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Honestly couldn’t tell you right now who I prefer. I won’t be voting for Bernie, Bloomberg, Steyer or Cheeto Jesus. Probably not Klobuchar, but my mind is open to her.

It’ll probably come down Warren, Biden or Buttigieg for me, but I’m not sure which.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anyone but Trump in November 2020.

I think Bloomberg would make the best president on the list or who has declared.

Driftwood and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm going to vote for Warren in the primary, knowing full well she has no chance. I will vote for whoever is opposing Trump in November. I will not vote third party. I will not abstain. This is too important. He must be defeated, and sadly, I don't think Bernie has any chance of doing so. It's all about mobilizing latent democrats to vote, and he won't do it.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I voted "Other."

Months ago when the field was larger and more diverse, I was really excited about the Democrats' chances of beating Trump this fall. I looked at all the candidates and just knew was there someone in there I could rally around, someone who would unite the party and put an end to this criminal administration.

I liked Beto, mostly because of his run at rat-boy Cruz, but he wasn't ready at all. I liked Harris well enough. I like Buttigieg, but I just don't see this country electing an openly gay man.

Now the field has been whittled down to Pete, Klobuchar and a bunch of old fucks — and I'm stuck with non-appealing options.

Biden? Old and losing his mind.
    Bloomberg? His TV and radio ads are blanketing my Trump state, so I'm not sure why he's spending money here.
    Buttigieg? See homophobic evangelicals.
    Klobuchar? Thanks for playing. Here's a year's supply of Rice-O-Roni.
    Sanders? The more I see of him, the less I like him. The sense of "you owe me" is off-putting.
    Steyer? I like what he says just fine, but his candidacy is a joke.
    Warren? Eh, meh.

I'm much less optimistic than I was five or six months ago. I'm tired of the endless campaigning and haven't watched a minute of the last four or five "debates." I'm tired.

I will vote for the Democratic candidate no matter who it winds up being. I just wish I could believe that person has a chance. I wish.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The two-party system is a joke. Trump is a clown. None of the Dems have a chance to win.
    I'll "waste" my vote and continue with a third-party candidate and focus on local elections, where my voice can actually make more impact.

I Should Coco, Driftwood and Cosmo like this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Any problems he has with homophobic voters have nothing to do with evangelicals. It's a Democratic primary. You're seeing what you want to see.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised how poorly the women candidates have done. I don't know why their campaigns failed to take off, but it is noticeable that they've failed to even attract women voters at a higher rate than Bernie, Biden or Mayor Pete when Harris, Klobuchar and Warren are all more accomplished and have fewer negatives than the men. Not sure if people are still stung by Hillary's loss or what.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Biden because I think he still has the best shot to bring together the Dem coalition.

But blue no matter who.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Bill Weld. A drunk, stoned, full-on Boston Brahmin without a care. He wouldn't do shit, which is a good thing.

wicked likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

C'mon, what did Tulsi ever do to you? :)

Change "wish" to "hope", and it would sound like Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.