1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Season NFL Talk, Take 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Sunday's preseason sked is interesting from an SEC standpoint.
    Former all-conference runner Anthony Dixon will wear NFL cleats for the first official time when San Fran travels to meet Super Bowl participant Indy.

Meanwhile, another pretty solid ex-SEC offensive stalwart will don the pro pads for his initial game with Denver.

And how about that Saints/Pats game a few days ago. Looked fairly competitive to me.
    Might we be saying deja-vu all over again, come February?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

PRE FUCKING SEASON , nothing interesting about it!

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'm interested.
    Deal with it.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

You done gone out and confused me, now.
    Tom Vu?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The only interesting thing that happens in preseason are injuries.

If I think the Steelers fourth round pick looked good in the third quarter, this is not the place for it.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Interesting on Coffee retiring to go into the ministry. I imagine that Singletary, as a Christian as well, can't really be critical, publicly.

Jets: Watching Hard Knocks and, while I understand they are playing for the cameras, I don't understand where all of the SB talk is coming from. This will be a "fallback" year for the Jets. They may take that next step in 2011 but surprise teams RARELY exceed expectations the following year.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But, did he look good in the third quarter?

It's a running NFL thread. People should talk about what they want as long as it is related to the NFL.

8. outofplace

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10227/1080258-66.stm

Somebody's gonna get fined, at least. Check out the second note. Referee Jeff Triplette left his microphone on after a Steelers touchdown in last night's preseason game against the Lions, allowing the crowd at the stadium to hear one of the other officials cursing about the replay official overturning a call.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

IT'S A FUCKING PRESEASON GAME! WHO GIVES A SHIT!

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

That's sort of the point Triplette was trying to make.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I think we can see with these last few posts that, even besides injury news, there are various interesting aspects of the preseason.
    As for the SEC Sunday, Anthony Dixon's got about 75 yards on about 15 carries, including a TD just now to put SF way ahead of the Colts in the 4th quarter.

Can't wait to see Tebow later on. I think he will answer his "can he be good in the NFL" bashers critics in fine form during the years to come.

12. outofplace

Actually, it wasn't Triplette. It was one of the other officials who was cursing the guy in the replay booth, but the crowd heard it because Triplette had left his microphone on.

And I'm assuming Bubbler forgot his blue font.

Draft saved Draft deleted