1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Season NFL Talk, Take 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 49ers RB Glen Coffee retires at age 23.
    He was second on the depth chart and left the Niners stunned.
    Sounds like he plans to work for the Lord.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Would that not be tampering or does Jesus get to bend the rules?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

BTW, the Jets will miss the playoffs this season.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outstanding.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good night tonight....Nats won. Redskins won.

And apparently, my boy Vick looked pretty good. Haven't seen the highlights yet, but I heard he ran like dogs were chasing him. Good to see. :)

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

As a Jets fan, I'm not quite understanding all this Super Bowl talk.
    They were lucky to make the playoffs last year. Their running game is considerable worse than it was last year. Sanchez is a second-year player whose job last year was to not lose the game. Can't see where he's ready to be an elite QB (maybe in 2-3 years).
    And while I believe Revis will be on the field for the opener, if he's not, their entire defensive philosophy is shot to shit.
    And while I'll gladly take Rex's bravado to the mealy mouth shit I hear from the baseball team I (misguidedly) root for, all he is now is a blowhard who hasn't won a damn thing.

They could just as easily go 7-9, 6-10 as make a run at the Super Bowl.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I could see them going either way, but they have to have Revis to make another run.

I don't expect Sanchez to be an elite quarterback, but he should be better. They have to wait four games for him, but Holmes should help with that. He is very good at turning short throws into big plays. He also has a knack for finding openings when plays break down.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Jets are going to miss the playoffs no matter when Revis signs. If either of their last two opponents are trying worth a shit, the Jets are 8-8--at best--and home for the postseason and nobody is thinking Super Bowl this year. That playoff run was a matter of good fortune: They played a terrible Bengals team and then the Chargers, whose January choke job is the surest of sure things.

I could see the Pats continuing to crumble this year, but even if that happens, the Jets are not winning that division.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Browns look freaking good.

10. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Stephon Johnson, the kid from USC who had the weight room incident last year, just broke his leg for the Titans. Nasty injury.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm so fucking confused around here these days.

The baseball thread is all but dead -- only 3 editions and the season's 3/4 of the way finished?

And now someone had the bright idea (no blue font intended) to start individual threads for fanbois of individual teams, and suddenly they are all gone? So now I have to sit through page after page of "Stillers" crap if I want to read about NFL yet again?

Of course, you get what you pay for, and I haven't made a $$$ contribution to this site in months...but there's a Universal Studios ad just below this box so SJ must be doing OK with my $$$...I'm just not sure what's going on around here these days!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, if there is a running thread, "Stillers crap" would have been a part of it anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted