1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-game bars for Steeler home games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chester, Dec 19, 2012.

1. chester

chester Member

I know there's a fairly large contingent of folks (mild understatement) with Pittsburgh ties on this board. I come to you asking for some advice as to what are some good bars in the vicinity of Heinz Field to go to before a Steelers game (Clark Bar? Bettis' place? North Shore Saloon?). I'm going to the Browns game there in a couple of weeks with my brother, and just want to find place to enjoy a few pops beforehand since we're not going to be tailgating.

I've been to Pittsburgh plenty of times (the wife's from there), but I've never really been to the North Shore area to go to a non-Pirates game before - at least not to drink beforehand - so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This should be fun...

3. chester

chester Member

I thought just that the moment I hit "post".

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well look who the cat dragged in ...

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are a lot of bars around PNC that will suit your needs, all stumbling distance to and from Heinz.

6. chester

chester Member

Thanks. I figured we'd just try to find one once we got there. Didn't know if there were any ones the locals preferred.

Although, having spent enough time in that town, I've found locals' preference is for any one that has beer available. :)

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And that doesn't have a minimum IQ requirement.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least we know none of the bars in Cleveland require a minimum IQ. They'd all go out of business.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Bettis' place generally is likely to be shoulder to shoulder after the game, but wherever you go, 99.99 percent of the people will be in black and gold, so you'll fit right in.

10. chester

chester Member

Um, I don't think so. I'll be part of that 0.01 NOT in black and gold.

11. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Clark Bar.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's Peter King

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted