1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-emptive strike: Who's had a layover in Cincinnati/Covington airport?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jul 23, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm there from about 8-10:30 a.m. tomorrow. Is there anything that will hold my interest since the bar is apparently out of the question?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why is the bar out of the question?

3. accguy

accguy Member

There is Gold Star Chilli. I've heard that makes a helluva breakfast.

No it's not as good as Skyline, but sometimes you have to go with what's acceptable.

4. imjustagirl

I will eat Gold Star Chili in Cincinnati...never.

And Ryan, my boss may be reading this thread. Hence the "out of the question" part.

5. accguy

accguy Member

You asked what there was to do. There are a couple of small bookstores, but that's about it.

Your options used to be eat or read The Cincinnati Post. Unfortunately the later no longer exists.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

me, for 3 hours. and all i had done was a shoeshine in the cincy airport.

and i may have yanked it once or twice in the bathroom. can't remember, though.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

There's a small little food court near my gate once ... not sure where exactly that was, though. I've been there once.

I think they had a Gold Star Chili, a Chick-Fil-A, a Burger King and some small little bookstore across the passageway. That was about all I remember.

8. imjustagirl

*sigh*
    This stinks.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

A friend of mine came home from a business trip to Cincy yesterday. His flight out of Covington (don't forget, the airport is in Kentucky) was delayed almost two hours. He described it as the longest 2 hours of his life.
    Good luck.

10. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I think the wireless is free in parts. Hang out here. Near the Blue Grass brew pup or something like that.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. imjustagirl

If I can find wireless, some of you schmoes better be on here during that time.

Draft saved Draft deleted