1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying for Papers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mkokc, May 8, 2008.

1. mkokc

mkokc New Member

If everyone can take off their jaded hats for a second, I need to let you know about a new web site I've put up.

www.prayingforpapers.com is for any church-going folks out there in the business and anyone else who thinks we need all the help we can get.

The plan is to put up daily updates about where the layoffs are and who may be in trouble in the biz. If you're not a Christian, that's fine, but it doesn't hurt to take some time out during the day and just think about everyone out there who may be a little scared right now.

I know a lot of people are pretty ticked off and I was kind of worried about putting this out there on this board. But I think at this point, it helps to just think about all our brothers and sisters and their families who are being effected.

If everyone can spread the word, I would appreciate it. If you know of anyone who needs a prayer in the business, this includes people fighting sickness or someone whose lost a family member, please let me know at koehlerfamily@gmail.com

Thanks. - Mike Koehler, Oklahoma City.

2. LincolnLogs

LincolnLogs New Member

Great idea. We need to look out for each other!

Draft saved Draft deleted