1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers, thoughts needed for sister

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsguydave, Mar 26, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As much as this sucks, I'm glad you were able to get there before she passed away.

I hope it gives you some comfort. So Sad. I can't imagine losing any of my brothers.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This is news I had been dreading to read. So sorry for your loss, Dave.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Dave, thoughts and prayers with you and so sorry for your loss. As for writing the obit, you may actually find that helps you to grieve. I wrote my brother's last year when he died and it was helpful to focus on positive things and remember everything he did. My fiance and I worked on it together and it turned out really well. The funeral home put it up on its Web site and we also wrote a shorter version that ran in the paper. Good luck with the obit. I'm sure you'll do her proud.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

SGD, so sorry for your loss. Use the obit writing process to remember the good times and to help you and the rest of the family along with the process. Take care and, as JD already said, connect with those on or off the board now or sometime down the road if you need us.

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Dave - I'm really, really sorry for your loss.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I'll pray for the kids, their dads and your whole family. ((( HUGS )))

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Dave, haven't been around these parts of late, so I just saw this.

My heartfelt and deepest condolences at your loss. I hope your family is celebrating her life.

Draft saved Draft deleted