1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers, thoughts needed for sister

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsguydave, Mar 26, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear, Dave. Hang in there.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Nothing more important than family. Praying for your sister.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wish all the best for your sister and your family. Take care

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Dave. Best wishes to you, your sister and your family.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Hope and faith, man.

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Thanks so much for the best wishes, all .. I know we all don't always see eye to eye on everything .. it's part of what makes this place what it is, to a point ... but the best part of this place is knowing that at a time like this, all the insignificant crap goes out the window and we support each other. I'd do the same for any of you guys too. Thanks again.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Thinking of your family and sister tonight. I pray tomorrow brings better news.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sorry, SGD, I accidentally posted under YGBFKM, and I don't want to wake him up to find out his password. But those words above are from me. Hope you slept at least a little tonight.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hoping for a miracle. Whatever happens, wishing for peace for all. Hang in, dave.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Thanks, CB. A couple of hours, which is a couple of hours more than I was expecting. I just called her nurse, and there was no change overnight ... which I guess is better than taking a turn for the worse, so I'll cling to that for now. She is on a battery of meds, and also now on dialysis because her kidneys are failing, too. Nurse won't say much beyond "she's still very sick."

She's a fighter, though. She certainly showed me that when we were growing up... :) she was one stubborn girl, and remains so. If she has anything to say about it, she will make it.

Thanks for the well-wishes, no matter what handle they came from. :)

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How are her kids doing? Must be so scary for them. Keeping a good thought for all of you.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

I am far from a god-fearing man, but at times like these, to paraphrase woody allen, 'noboby's an athiest.' only positive thoughts coming melanie's way from the shockey tribe.

for those unfamiliar, when reflecting on his time in college, woody's classic line was, 'nobody's an athiest during finals week.' ;D ;D ;D

here's hoping smiles are the best medicine...

Draft saved Draft deleted