1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 6, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My mom is in the hospital for the second time in four years because of her heart. A few years ago, a viral infection attacked her heart and she almost died. She wasn't expected to make it through the night that time. It isn't as bad this time, but it still worries me. So, i come to my SJ family asking for prayers, thoughts, etc. Thanks.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Feel free to call me if you need to, KY, and I hope your mom gets better.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Really sorry to hear that, man. I know what it's like to have a mom in bad health (breast cancer) so know that my thoughts are with you.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

KY,

Can't imagine what you're going through, and I don't really want to, but know that you have friends here to lend a helping hand. Good luck and G-d bless.

PM me if needed, and take care...

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Thinkin' about you, KY.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I havent been able to get to sleep yet because i'm worried it is just as bad as last time. My step dad tried to assure me it isnt, but i still have qualms for obvious reasons.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

You will worry, it's only natural.
    But she'll be fine.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Hang tough KY. Your mom sounds like a strong person. She got through a bad one once, she'll get through this one too.

9. If she survived that first one, which sounds absolutely awful, she'll get through this.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Sending good thoughts, karma and prayers out to you and your mom.
    Hopefully she has a short hospital stay and is able to come home healthy.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

WFW. My best to you, KY.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

my mom survived an awful time four years ago. chemo weakened her entire system. months of rehab required just to get her on her feet. my dad and she now admit she was touch-and-go there for a while.

she's doing splendidly with her 75th birthday 12 days away.

prayers are on the way, ky.

Draft saved Draft deleted