1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers needed for the real FarmerJ (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Apr 1, 2010.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

This.

With all the bad PR the Catholic Church is getting these days, it floors me that they're going out of their way to be asses to grieving families.

Give lip service to their little control-freakish ways ... and then say whatever the hell you want. What are they going to do, excommunicate you?

Thoughts with you, FJ.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I agree.

Sorry to hear about your loss, farmerjerome. Don't let the church keep you and your family from saying all the things you need to say.

Hang in there.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Thanks again everyone. I was informed by the church that I will have to give the eulogy before mass starts. I'm still not happy, but I still can memorialize my father.

Oh, here's another fun update. The fire departent that my father belong to is flying its flags at half-staff, and wrote a lovely tribute to him on their message board. On the way up to take a few photos, I got pulled over. After giving me the ticket, the cop told me to 'have a nice day'. Three hours before the wake.

Seriously, if you don't here from me for a few weeks after this weekend, you'll find me in bed huddled underneath a very nice summer down comforter babbling the eulogy and trying to get what I'm going to say to the judge straight.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

FarmerJ, please accept my condolences on the loss of someone who seemed to be a great father and better human being.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

FJ - I was on vacation.
    Sending condolenses on the passing of your father.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I some how just discovered this thread for the first time.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

The whole mess with the eulogy is crazy. COuldn't imagine it. My dad is a minister and when it comes to funeral's its what ever the family wants goes. The last thing as a church you should be doing is causing more strain and frustration and pain for the family.

I hope it works out and I hope you and your mother can find some peace.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

FarmerJ - How are you holding up? Hope you're doing OK. I lost my wife a couple years ago. I know it's not easy to lose one you love, but it will get better. At the same time, if down the road you need to take time here and there to grieve, it's only normal. Here's hoping for the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted