1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prank call

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Tonight, after my brother, his wife and kids left, I received a call on my cell phone from a "private line."
    It was two or three foul-mouthed little punks (two guys and a girl as best I could tell) describing various sex acts. It might have been a wrong number. I couldn't tell who they were and I'm not sure they knew me. They seemed more intent on going through their act than responding to me.
    Does everybody get prank phone calls from time to time? Should I feel insulted?
    If you get a prank call like that does it mean you're a loser?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

did they ask you to help?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Guy I work with got a random call from someone trying to sell meth and other drugs.

He must have been on the phone for a good half hour that night.

4. Smallpotatoes

No. They seemed to be talking among each other more than to me.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How damn long did you stay on a prank call on your cell phone to discern how many there were, their sexes, the topic of conversation, how many sex acts they were talking about, and if they were talking to each other?

Doesn't seem like it bothered you terribly.

6. Smallpotatoes

A few minutes.
    When I was younger prank calls like that really bothered me.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I would take it as a challenge to try and outdo their sexual innuendo.

"(mid-call) ... She's asking for it ... ram a German buttplug inside her! The country of origin matters. Rouse!"

"Heh, heh (laughter stops) ... what? Uh, yeah, whatever. (resumes) ... Oh God, you're so huge!"

"I'll bet. But not as huge as the ex-Arkansas offensive lineman accused of murder, who had a leather fetish and just got out of 20 years of solitary in the Supermax. And what a coin-i-dink ... someone accidentally delivered all of the prison's guards' belts to his cell. I'll bet you think about some of that when you're in Western Civ 101, don't ya, baby!"

"Holy shit! This dude's insane ... click."

Draft saved Draft deleted