1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prancing Billy is back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Oct 25, 2011.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

From the forthcoming I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution comes this small preview courtesy of our friends at Amazon.com:

Billy Squier, “Rock Me Tonite” (1984)
    There are only two videos which merit their own chapters in “I Want My MTV,” and this is one. Squier was a hard-rock superstar before he released this video, which he describes as “diabolical.” Here’s the plot: Squier wakes up in a bed of silk sheets, puts on white drawstring pants, skips around his bedroom, grinds on the floor, rips off his t-shirt, then puts on a pink tank top, and collapses back on his silk sheets. Squier blames this video for ending his reign on the rock charts.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As well he should.

http://rocknycliveandrecorded.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/RockMeTonight4.jpg

Does BYH know about this?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

OH MY GOD I must have that book.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

funny... a few months back, driving home from covering high school hoops tourney, 2am and exhausted, Prancing Billy came on the radio. Turned it up and laughed my ass off the rest of the one-hour drive home, rejuvenated.

Yes, Prancing Billy probably saved my life.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If this doesn't bring back Junkie...

Draft saved Draft deleted