1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praise the Lord...and beat the shit out of the gay kid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm not using "rampant exaggeration" and "intellectual dishonesty" as you put it. Wisconsin passed two laws, allowing guns on the floor of their Senate, and banning cameras from their gallery. Two laws that, to me, reflect the absolute stupidity of, at least part of, the Wisconsin legislature. I'm not the one who passed these laws. Wisconsin did, and they deserve the scorn of the public. They are the ones who've given me this material to work with. And that's what I'm pointing out.

And as far as the Michigan amendment goes, it sets a bad precedent, which I, and others on here, have also pointed out. The "pistol-whipping" was combining the ridiculousness of the Wisconsin laws with the ridiculousness of the Michigan one to make a bigger point: That Republicans in at least two legislatures have truly gone off the deep end. That doesn't make me superior to anyone. Again, they are the ones providing the material.

And Wolv, duly noted on Ford. Thanks for pointing it out.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Help me out here: you think you can legally pistol whip someone in Michigan, or you were exaggerating for effect?

One or the other.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

All the other kids with the pumped-up kicks better run, better run, outrun my gun....

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The convictions of superstition as absolute defense.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What an awful, awful song. Even awfuler live. That may have been the worst SNL music performance I've ever heard.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll take your word for it, because I don't watch SNL.

As for the song, it's dark as hell, but it's damned catchy.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The words may be dark, but the music makes it sound like a college party song you'd find on a compilation CD you bought off TV at 4 a.m. because you can't sleep and your brain quit functioning 30 minutes previous. The voice effect can't be replicated live, so it sounded like shit (in addition to silly) on SNL.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

So it's not for everybody. Each to their own.

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

You assume that someone victimized by this law would have the resources to take their case to the Supreme Court, and that the Supreme Court would be willing to hear the case.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There are enough activist groups that would take this on pro bono

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

ACLU would be all over it.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I love "Pumped Up Kicks." "Houdini" is catchy, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted