1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praise Jeebus!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 6, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, Meat, I can't find any national NRLC position on the HPV vaccine, either.
    Several groups, including the Family Research Council and James Dobson's Focus on the Family, did come out against it, then badkpedaled furiously and tried to mumble something about families being able to "choose" to have their daughters vaccinated, as though that is an effective way to deploy a vaccine.

It's that shit that drives me crazy, though. We could all but eradicate cervical cancer. But not if it might possibly make some future woman more sexually active. We have no evidence this will occur, mind you. We're just worried about it.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

95 Theses on the Religious Right

(where's the hammer and nail)

http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/files/ludlows_95_theses_on_the_religious_right.doc

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I tend to agree, though those aren't "pro-life" groups, per se. They're conservative activism groups that take an anti-abortion stance. I was an active pro-lifer and a conservative back then, but I didn't want to get sucked into 35 other issues too.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fixed your post.

5. Meat -- Your WaPo column is fair rebuttal to me. It does, however, indicate that the NRLC is incapable of simply announcing that Plan B is nobody's damn business but the woman in question.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Perhaps, but neutrality beats outright opposition. And since there's no pro-life issue at play (in that there's no life to be defended, like there is in abortion and euthanasia), they don't really have a dog in the fight.

Draft saved Draft deleted