1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Practical solutions for helping the environment or doing your part

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, May 27, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Maybe a bit of both. It gives them an untapped audience to target in many cities and some good publicity.

And I shoulda know you knew all that! Lots of people don't though.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, that was for Doc, not you Inky

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I didn't have Fred Meyer for a long time, but now that I am back in the Northwest I have it again. They have a very good selection of organic stuff, at least in my area. Have you been over there recently?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Every week, 'Gola! Wal-Mart's selection is better, although I don't shop there other than in emergency situations. Taget's milk is hella cheaper than Fred Meyer.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That doesn't surprise me. I use to hate Fred Meyer, but it has been shockingly cheap here. I just refuse to even enter Wal Mart. I don't care how much money I can save, I will give up other things not to supoort those fuckers (especially, Doc :) ).

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've said it before and i'll say it again: i'll spend an extra $5 every time i enter fred meyer just for the pleasure of those wide aisles and a lack of trailer trash.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Freddy's is damn solid. I've actually bought a fair amount of furniture there, some great deals. Everything you could need in one place, lots of quality stuff, and like Tomas said, plenty of open space.

My grandfather, in his later years, would take the bus to Fred Meyer and spend the day just walking around, looking at the merchandise and watching the people. For him, it was like going to Disneyland. Every time I go there it makes me think of him.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know about down there but up here there are quite a few municipalitied putting in roundabouts.

If the purpose of four way stops is to reduce speed in residential neighbourhoods, there are other, more fuel efficient ways of "traffic calming".

Draft saved Draft deleted