1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PR Job in Virginia

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by partain, Jul 8, 2009.

1. partain

partain Member

PR/Communications Assistant

Company: Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers

Job Title: PR/Communications Assistant

Job Type: Full Time

Responsibilities:
    Responsibilities will include writing news releases, contacting local media and following up with story ideas. Extensive media support onsite at events will be required. In addition to the media contacts the organization already has, it will be vital that new contacts be made on a regular basis.

Requirements:
    Must have strong organizational skills, strong communications skills, proofreading ability and a passionate commitment to sports.

Start Date: ASAP

Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience

Application Deadline: August 7, 2009

More Information:
    Job posting can be found at: http://www.sportscommissions.org/Media-Center/Post-Job-or-Internship.aspx

Please mail cover letter, writing sample and resume by August 7, 2009 to: Jackie Holt Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers 100 Avenue of Champions Richmond, VA 23230 No emails please.

Email Contact: tiffany@sportsbackers.org

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Paging Moddy for insight.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Pretty rare these days that somebody insists on sending stuff via snail mail, particularly when they want somebody to start ASAP.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is pretty odd, isn't it?

As is the application deadline of a month hence when they want someone now, apparently.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'll drive it up to Richmond myself. It'll give me an excuse to hit the Capital Ale House afterwards.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

DAMN YOU!

Draft saved Draft deleted