1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PR guy excessively touches TV reporter trying to do job

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, May 26, 2010.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Gotta love LiveLeak.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Then the arrogant PR douchenozzleplug turns it around by canceling the meeting and blaming the TV guy.

And THEN touches him again out in the hall.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's what I meant about the passive-aggressive shit. "Unfortunately, Channel 7 is here to disrupt the meeting, so we can't have the meeting today, but thank you for coming!"

That and the phony stuff at the start where he introduces himself and says he's trying to welcome the news team to the hospital.

You ratfucker, you mealy-mouthed little son of a bitch. I'd have eaten you for lunch.

Given the allegations Channel 7 was trying to investigate, though, along with the woman's obvious attempts to dodge being interviewed, it's pretty clear he's not the only piece of shit in that organization.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What the reporter should have done after about the third or fourth touching is reach down and grab the PR idiot in the balls.

"You want to touch? OK, I'll touch this"

And squeeze hard.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the initial confrontation, I thought the reporter was being a bit dickish by immediately launching into "don't touch me!" mode. But, yeah, as the thing progresses (especially when the PR guy is chest-to-chest at the start of the second confrontation, basically begging the reporter to push him away and escalate things) it's obvious the PR guy was being an ass. The reporter did a great job not letting that get out of hand.

6. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Baron, as my wife says...it's not squeeze hard...the correct technique is "Grab, twist and pull" Her grandmother's advice when she hit the teen years...lol

7. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

There's the liberal media getting in the way of corrupt practices again and breaking up the hospital's important meeting :)

Don't you just love how busy people become when they are trying to cover something up?

8. danl214

danl214 Guest

Wow, gotta love the amount of patience displayed by the reporter. The PR guy was just asking for trouble.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm with you, I thought the reporter was a bit jumpy at the start. But when the PR guy switches hands (!) to keep touching the guy, that was a sign it was just a game to him. The reporter did an amazing job to not pop him. Not sure I could have resisted.

10. When the dickhead PR guy pushed the cameraperson, that would have been the last straw for me. Call the cops, file an assault complaint, show the cops the footage, and air the whole thing on the 6 o'clock news. The PR guy's whole agenda was to keep an interview from happening. Let your viewers see the whole thing and determine who's in the wrong.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Great stuff. The shoulder-patting gets all the attention, but grabbing a camera is a definite no-no. Hospital guy broke so many rules. And "Laguna Honda" sounds like a place where nobody -- NOBODY -- gets turned down for financing on this year's great new models.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Investigative TV reporters are rightly sensitive to people putting their hands on them.

That PR guy is a smarmy douchebag. On one hand, he did his job by keeping the reporter away from the interviewee. On the other, he fucked this up into a national story and Internet sensation by pulling that crap. If he lets the reporter do his job, it's a local story. Now it's a somewhat national story thanks to that video.

Draft saved Draft deleted