1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PR assistant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I'd be SHOCKED if it were over $40k honestly. Considering all they require is a bachelors and no amount of experience is listed, plus that there will be hundreds of resumes submitted, my guess would be $30-$35k.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Answer the question, not how you'd like it to be reworded.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i misread 93devil's post. thought he said beat writers would probably apply, so i was thinking the salary had to be a little better. i would think most asst pr people are in their 20s, don't most teams hire interns, would think they'd easily get someone that way or from the SID office at UM, USF, etc.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Unemployed writers who can move to Florida should be going after this gig.

This would easily pave the way to a college SID spot as well.

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It depends on your definition of sweet. Some people wouldn't consider making $35k a year "sweet."

If you think journalists are under-compensated, take a quick poll of your friendly neighborhood pro sports PR assistant some time.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah. Raheem Morris clicked "yes" and look how it worked out for him.

7. The link is already dead... so I assume it's been filled?

8. cjericho

seriously. that's why i was thinking maybe at least 50k to be considered sweet.

9. LemMan

LemMan Member

Or maybe they've gotten enough resumes...(?)

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are a 10-year beat veteran you might make more than a kid who was an intern at FIU.

I would say they would match a newspaper salary to a certain degree. What you get in return is probably better job security.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

IS the housing market in Tampa really that tight? Can't even rent an apartment or something?

12. cjericho

no it's not that tight, it's not south beach or boca. there are projects in st. pete, not far from trop. they probably would just take someone who already is living there than an outsider if all things are equal.

Draft saved Draft deleted