1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poz bitch-slaps Chass

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funny stuff Shottie. Good to have you back and posting.

I would add a 6th step when discussion becomes to spirited :

6. Lock

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

This may sound trite, but what's the big deal?

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Gives us all a worthy goal: To get a topic going that lasts precisely six posts, each one representing the above "stages." I think trickiest part would be going from admonishment to lock in one E-Z step.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Well, I'll take a swing at that. The dispute here is over something that happened to Curt Flood, right? The source cited for an authoritative version is ... Curt Flood. Marvin Miller wasn't there. Why is there an obligation to deal with Marvin Miller's recollection?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Because most of Murray's blog dealt with Miller telling stories of Musial.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Someone, please, put Logic out of her misery.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Talk about schtick; this is schtick piled on top of schtick.

Through all of your various incarnations, the one constant meme you've carried through them all has been your belief that you are the most logical being on the planet ,and that anyone who disagrees with you is flawed logically.

Such nonsense.

And, did I miss something? Is logic a proper noun? Is it supposed to be capitalized?

Maybe you need an editor. I can recommend several good ones.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yankechino,

Your animus toward Big Mac is silly here. He makes a fair point. A 93-year-old Marvin Miller's recollection of a second hand story about Curt Flood should, at least in theory, not have more credibility than Curt Flood's own recounting of the same incident. Especially since Flood wrote it down, had time to think about it, decided it was an accurate recounting, and let it be published.

It's rather obvious that both Miller and Chass are eager to tar Musial for not fully getting on board with their cause. He didn't believe the Busch family was the devil, and in the eyes of Miller and Chass, this means he should be tarred. Pos doesn't need to call Miller for comment to thrash Chass' point. He only needed to go to and find Flood's testimony about the incident. Unless you believe a 93-year-old Marvin Miller should be allowed to speak on behalf of a dead Flood, with greater authority than Flood's own words, which he wrote/spoke when he was actually alive. That's why Boom's point is illogical.

9. YankeeFan

I agree 100%. I agree with you and "Mark".

I just think it's funny that "Mark" accuses others of schtick when his whole act is schtick.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well, I don't follow Mark closely so I'm not aware of his schtick. But I do know that we have a basic understanding that people are allowed to go away and come back and reinvent themselves here, and we aren't supposed to comment about who they might have been under another name, etc. That holds true no matter what kind of poster you are/were. That's not to say I haven't broken that rule a time or two, but I believe the time has come to just let it go and either argue with him on the merits, or click ignore.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Two-way street.

12. YankeeFan

Hi-Larious.

You just described more of "Mark's" schtick. That's him to a tee.

Plus, he didn't "come back" with this handle. He registered it years ago as one of his many sock puppets.

Then, after getting bored with his new home, used it (and a couple of others) solely to stir up trouble here.

Now, he's using it as his main handle.

And, since he's always rushed to your defense, I find it hard to believe that you don't know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.