1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poz bitch-slaps Chass

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

According to Murray, it's not a blog.

http://www.murraychass.com/?page_id=23

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He took on the lie. He also took on Chass. There were too many personal attacks in that set of words to deny that.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What if he'd said the same about you?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

no doubt i would defend myself. in this instance, in which joe p. comes to someone else's defense, i'd just prefer he mind his own business. i just don't think joe p. rose to this occasion; i think he lowered himself.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would agree. The sabermetrics community (of which .7 Poz is a member) hate him worse than they hate Joe Morgan

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So no friend or admirer of yours is allowed to defend you?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll grant that suffering fools gladly is not our strong suit.

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I'll agree with that.

He probably could have just written: "Chass wrote X, Y, and Z, which surprised me because that doesn't fit at all with what I know. Let me tell why X, Y and Z aren't true ... " and left it at that.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

it depends.if we're all in the same room, absolutely. on an obscure blog page against the rantings of 'murray from manhattan (or wherever he lives) i'd certainly hope not. that's going waaaaay out of your way to 'correct the record' vs. obscure, bitter blogger.

now, i fully admit i have not looked closely at the blog rant in question; is there a long stream of people on there commenting that they never knew this about musial and are accepting this as fact?

if so, in that case i can understand joe p. feeling there was a growing legion of people he needed to straighten out. but to simply react to the blog itself? i just thought joe p. was bigger than that.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

C'mon.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm glad he wrote it.

I don't know enough about Musial to know if he's racist or not. And, even though the Chass blog was based on second hand accounts, it left me wondering.

No one deserves to be falsely claimed to be a racist.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will say that I think the "murray from manhattan" is a bit, well, overstated.

It's not as if this is some 49-year-old CPA blogging from his attic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.