1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PowerPoint motivational presentation

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JBHawkEye, Sep 6, 2006.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Two of our area prep volleyball teams are ranked 1-2 in the state in the small-school class. They play each other next week in a regular-season match.

Assistant coach of the top-ranked team calls yesterday, wants a picture of ours from last year's state tournament. He then tells me it's the one we ran of one of their players crying after the team lost in the semifinals.

Of course, I'm asking myself why he wants the photo. He then says, "Can you send it to me digitally? We want to use it in a PowerPoint motivational presentation before we play (the No. 2-ranked team) next week."

Is it just me, or it that a little much?

FYI: Photo dept. only sells photos, does not give them for free. The coach was pissed when he found that out.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

That might be right up there with Jumbo Shrimp for the Oxymoronic Hall of Fame.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nothing de-motivates me quite like a PowerPoint demonstration.

Tell the assistant coach to use the horse and buggy whip newspaper metaphor in his PowerPoint opus, that one's pure genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted