1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Power converters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. TwoGloves

    TwoGloves Well-Known Member

    Going to Europe next month. Want to take a few electronic gadgets with me. Anybody have any experience with power converters so I can recharge my camera's batteries for instance? (Maybe my laptop too.) Where's a good place to get one? Thanks in advance.
  2. Inky_Wretch

    Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

  3. dreunc1542

    dreunc1542 Active Member

    Depending on your laptop you probably only need a plug adapter for it, no converter. I would call up the manufacturer of the company and ask them if your model has its own converter. In fact, my cell phone plug had a converter too and I just needed an adapter now that I think about it. Made sure you need the converter before you get it because its more expensive than the adapter.
  4. jgmacg

    jgmacg Guest

    Don't forget it also varies by country. Be sure to check which adaptors you're going to need in which country.

    You shouldn't need a converter for your computer - just an adapter. Check the power brick to see if it's dual voltage. It'll say something like AC 100-240V 50-60Hz. You're all set - same with the brick for your cell phone or camera chargers.

    It's the adaptors you need.
  5. TwoGloves

    TwoGloves Well-Known Member

    Going to Ireland. Also need it for a cpap machine. (Actually, I need it for that more than anything.)
  6. dreunc1542

    dreunc1542 Active Member

    What he said. The adaptors mostly just vary between England and the rest of Europe, IIRC. When I was there I had two sets, one in my apartment in London and one for when I went to the other countries in Europe.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page