1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

potty mouth Blyleven assaults virgin ears of audience.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5932930

Oh my word.

::) ::)

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What exactly did he say?

If I had to guess, one of the so-called seven dirty words (per Private Parts): cocksucker, mother-fucker, fuck, shit, pussycat, cock and pussy.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

He said, "Some dumb pussy fuck on SportsJournalists.com thinks Damon Allen should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and I can't get a fucking call from Cooperstown? Cocksucker! Motherfucker! Pussy!"

I may be paraphrasing.

4. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

The fallout from this will actually be interesting. A few weeks ago, it was reported that Blyleven -- who is currently without a contract for next season -- was all but signed to a new deal. I don't think that one incident like this would endanger things, but this is the second time he's had to apologize on-air this season.

A few months ago, he made some cracks about Paula Abdul when some American Idol no-talent was a guest. Poor Bert. May be outside both the Hall of Fame and the broadcast booth.

5. North61

North61 Member

Bert is an idiot, though he is mildly entertaining on some nights.

He shocked the 'family' viewers with the sunday fuck up, but Twins viewers love Bert and as long as he apologized -too much I thought - the fans/viewers will forgive him.

He will be brought back next year. I just can't see Ron Coomer or Anthony LaPanta (or Clay Matvick) becoming the next colorman on these broadcasts. Love or hate Bert, he's a Minnesota institution.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You'd swear, too, if you had to watch your hometown team lose big-time to the m*&%^f***in Yankees.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dumbass. Shoulda waited til the END of the game!

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'M GONNA GET A FUCKIN' HAIRCUT!

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ah, we all curse. He apologized, so let's move on.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Have you ever sucked a cock you didn't like?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

HE CAULED US PUSSSY FUCKS WE WILL SHOW THAT DUTCH FAGG US ARE THE CHARMIONS OF THE WORLD

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two game suspension:

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Minnesota Twins commentator Bert Blyleven was suspended for two telecasts for accidentally using two profanities on air during a pregame segment.
    The team confirmed the suspension before the Twins played at Tampa Bay on Monday.
    Blyleven uttered the words after slipping up during Sunday’s segment, which he thought was being taped rather than broadcast live.
    Blyleven apologized to viewers during the first inning of the Twins-Yankees game in New York on Sunday.
    “I apologize to the viewers for my language ... It makes me feel bad. I’m sorry,” he said.
    Monday’s Twins game was not on the television schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted