1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Potato Salad Will Wreak Your Carbon Foot Print

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I should have never posted this story. 21 has taken it to heart and decided not to make her famous recipe potato salad. I am stuck with store bought PS for the weekend.

Also in lieu of making mac salad I've taken to just chewing raw elbow noodles. Takes a while for them to soften in your mouth, but they are not bad.

Story did not mention smoker grills so I guess they are ok. Slow cooked baby back ribs could be the fare for Monday.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am eating raw room temperature hamburger meat on monday. I don't think the earth needs the carbon footprint of actually cooling the meat.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I'm all for being environmentally conscious and all that jazz. But the day someone tells me not to eat because it's harmful to the earth becomes the day that I go on a killing spree and show whoever what's really harmful.

4. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Where's the "Like" button for this?

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Let's just exterminate the entire human race. Problem solved!

6. Yeah, I really couldn't care less what my carbon footprint is or any of that nonsense. I eat what I want, prepared how I want.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That is really irresponsible.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

will the Times do a story on the carbon footprint of the hot dog eating contest?

9. I can live with that. I'll take irresponsible and satisfied over responsible and hungry every time.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Ask 21 this question. And I ask it in all seriousness. What good does it do to purchase store bought potato salas, when it still had to be cooked and processed just like the stuff she would have made? If anything, it is even worse, due to the chemicals and preservatives that, by necessity, are in it.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Liesl--In all seriousness: Not one ounce of potato salad has ever crossed my kitchen, store-bought or homemade, nor shall it ever. He's just bitter that he ended up with a woman who doesn't deal in a) potatoes, b) mayonnaise, or c) whatever-the-hell-else-goes-in-potato-salad. I mean, really...what kind of freak came up with that combination, potatoes and mayo. Unless you are a plastic surgeon breeding botulism for Botox, what can you possibly do with all that teeming bacterial livestock??

We did have a couple close calls with a starch/mayo/salad ordeal when my brother's ex-wife Marcee came to Thanksgiving with the Fiesta Macaroni Salad from the 7-11, decorated with plastic Santas that melted under the broiler.

Otherwise, mayonnaise has only two legit purposes: killing head lice, and removing rings that are too tight.

12. As someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen, I absolutely love mayonnaise and consider it one of the best condiments there is.

Draft saved Draft deleted