1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pot meets kettle: Sheffield calls Boras a bad person

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Feb 21, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10658458

Is there a more delusional nutjob in baseball than this guy?

My favorite quote: "Can you explain why (Miguel) Tejada gets six years, (Vladimir) Guerrero gets five years and I get three? He cost me two years of a contract because he was trying to tarnish my name," Sheffield said in 2004.

Well, let's see Gary. Tejada and Vlad were both entering their age 28 seasons when they signed as free agents after 2003. You were entering your age 35 season.

Yet guess what, brainaic? You're still going to get $79 million (three-year, $38 million deal from '04-'06, $13 mil option in '07, $28 mil, two-year deal from '08-'09). That's more money over the same span than Tejada, who got six years and $72 million, and more guaranteed money than Vlad, who got five years and $70 million with a 2009 option for $15 million.

All that bitching and he still got as much as the best FAs on the market. STFU.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Andruw Jones must be human scum as he got only a two-year deal.

Still, note that both Alex Rodriguez hasn't talked to Scott Boras since signing the deal himself with the Yankees, and now this mess with Gary Sheffield. Say what you want about both players - plenty of people understandably have on this board - but Scott Boras is at least five notches below pond scum.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of A-Rod's mouth. He's bright enough to know Boras has a lower popularity rating than Bush himself so saying he's not talking to Boras is a good way to curry public favor.

He's probably met with Boras to determine what he should say about Boras.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

As polished as both of them like to think they are, this is entirely believeable.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Plus, I'm sure Boras told A-Rod he'll shoo the skeletons out of the closet if A-Rod fires him.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the kettle is only half-black.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted