1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post turns its sports folks loose on the frontrunners

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hustle, Dec 11, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You look at a WashPo sports section the last couple of weeks and I imagine you're not reading a lot about sports between Sean Taylor and Michael Vick. Don't know what's going at at the Post though. They took a lot of flack for the Obama Muslim or not a Muslim story and now bringing in different writers for their profiles to see the forest from the trees. I am wondering when the Post or other big media types are going to start checking the religious credentials of all candidates, not just those rumored to be Muslim or who are Mormon.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I said the poor bastard was doing "a great job." That's what makes him a poor bastard. I don't mind if they pass up average performers, but on a staff the size of the WP's, there must be dozens of excellent reporters already covering state and federal government, who were denied the most high-profile story of their career just for the gimmick of giving it to someone from sports or features. All I'm saying is that sports people get honked when the opposite happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted