1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 4, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Marion Jones is a victim of McCarthyism, then Wm. Rhoden is guilty impersonating Neville Chamberlain
    BTW don't count on Rhoden to write about how Marion let him down or any such column. Rhoden's pets have shit the carpet, but he'll just pretend it doesn't stain. Vick, Isaiah, Jones...

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Outstanding post, heyabbott. The Neville Chamberlain reference is freaking perfect. Rhoden the Appeaser.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

An American hero guilty of steriod use? I refuse to believe it.

YHS, etc

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ohhh now it's on FOTF.

you better hope the dirt stays buried on Larry Walker. Because we will unleash our full fury upon you. :D

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

See, you can go for the obvious Ben Johnson reference. But true genius is reaching down deep to pull out Larry Walker. I am guessing you googled long and hard for a curling scandal before settling on Larry Walker?

6. friend of the friendless

Sirs, Madames,

Foreigners (Canadians included) use steroids. Fact. American heroes, never. Gospel. As yer prez would say, "Our children is clean."

YHS, etc

7. friend of the friendless

Sirs, Madames,

Oh yeah. I forgot that you don't know the standard line here -- overnight Ben Johnson went from a Canadian sprinting hero to a drug-addled Jamaican cheat.

YHS, etc

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Marion was tested just as much. Never came up positive. Neither has Barry Bonds. Hate to tell you this, but years of negative tests does not prove one has not used steroids or other PEDs. You think the clear and the cream were the only two undetectable designer steroids out there? Or there aren't myriad ways to beat the tests? Keep dreaming.

I cannot know for certain, of course, but I have long been convinced Armstrong was as juiced (or more so) as any athlete out there.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Also see: Card, race.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Amy Shipley consistently does good work. Reporting and writing.
    Just putting that out there because she flies under the radar and doesn't get noticed often enough.

Who was the Chicago Sun Times editor who wrote Marion Jones' biography a few years back? I've got it around somewhere, need to pull a few pages from where she talks about PEds. She had everyone duped.
    And down the road, if legalities allow, it'll be interesting to see what effects the stuff she and Hunter put in their systems have on the kid. I don't know if that's been studied before, second-hand steroids and what it does to a one-month old.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

this is going to be a lotta fun to watch unfold.

12. boots

boots New Member

She didn't have a kid with Hunter. She had it with Montgomery.

Draft saved Draft deleted