1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 4, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good for Roger. With Vick's case pretty much complete, he was a few days away from collecting unemployment.

2. boots

boots New Member

I think he cruises in a maserati. Personally, I'd like to see him get Tower of Power back together. That's one of his goals. If you thought the JBs, the Flames, the Horney Horns and the Brecker Brothers could blow, forget it. TOP was in a league of its own.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Between PEDs, athlete thugs and refs who make nice to bookies, I'd have guessed he has the most secure job on the network.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

No surprise. Always thought she was guilty.

2 drops on her tongue? What did Bonds do? Swig from the bottle?

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Bonds did it up his ass, which is why he's such an asshole.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

If you had steroids which could be administered using an eye dropper, why on earth would you still inject drugs into your stomach?

7. boots

boots New Member

I don't think the technology was that advanced then.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She was so adamant and righteously indignant in her denials and her shills in the media kept their chorus of She Never Tested Positive. I wonder if her print defenders will care to write about what dupes they were?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's a good point. The woman sneered at anyone who even mentioned the word steroids and responded with righteous indignation. I have no problem with anyone who said, "She never tested positive," though. She never did. The "media chorus," as you call it, didn't use roids. SHE did. Reporters can only work with known facts. And there was nothing compelling, until Victor Conte got nabbed, to suggest that she used. For the Olympics, there was no test for "The Clear." It's why negative tests should mean little to people. There are scores of athletes using who aren't testing positive, either because they are using something undetectable or they have figured out how to cheat the tests.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There were many in the chorus that chose to bbelieve her because they judged her character to be good. They chose poorly.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

There's no "I thought" or "I suspected" or anything. Anyone with a fucking brain knew she was a chemistry experiment years ago.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=990CE3DF1239F933A15755C0A9629C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

Opening line of the Bill Rhoden piece:

DICK POUND, I suspect, has a vendetta against Marion Jones. I also suspect that Pound is conducting a witch hunt.

Rhoden did a nice media tour in 2004 in support of Jones.

Oops.

Draft saved Draft deleted