1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 4, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

HA! Flaxseed oil.

That's some powerful shit.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I don't know how she could have made it more 'clear.' "

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yawn,... Call me when Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire cop to it...

4. boots

boots New Member

The first flag should've been raised when her ex-husband, C.J. Hunter, an Olympic shot-putter and confessed steroid user, testified under oath that he had seen her inject drugs into her stomach in the Olympic Village in Sydney. I hope she gets her life straightened out.
    Great story. This is one the Times should have had.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Good point but the problem is Hunter, with his history, had no credibility. So no one listened.

She's hung with some doozies.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Months of negotiations in this... She faced 5 years. Sounds from the letter to her relatives that leaked like her lawyers got her 6 months, and 6 months is eligible for just probation very often according to Roger Cossack on ESPN right now.

There is no religion in this. She is still claiming she thought it was flaxseed oil at the time. Admitting to lying to Federal Investigators, though.

8. boots

boots New Member

You're right, no one listened. At the time, there was a lot of rumbling going on. I distinctly remember when she was playing hoops and running track at UNC people whispering about it. No one made a big deal, perhaps because she was a Tar Heel, but the innuendos began there.
    Plus Marion hasn't exactly had the best record when it comes to picking out mates. I'm not familiar with her new husband, hopefully he's of better character than C.J. and Montgomery.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Somewhere, this guy is stroking his faux mustache in glee:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

His faux mustache must be in the Guinness Book.

[​IMG]

11. boots

boots New Member

Little do people realize that he once played with one of the greatest bands in the land: Tower of Power.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's probably cruising around the neighborhood in his sweet ride.

You know, the type of sweet ride sports writer schlebs like us can't afford.

Draft saved Draft deleted