1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post here if you don't feel that bad about your job.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheMethod, Feb 22, 2008.

1. lono

lono Active Member

I went the opposite direction, from news to sports.

No more dead bodies, grieving relatives, dirty cops and crooked pols.

Different strokes, etc.

2. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

I work hard for a good paper, make a good living, doing something I enjoy. I work with decent people (for the most part). The schedule could be better. Hell, everything could be better, but I just might be the luckiest person I know.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Great thread. One of the best in a while.

I have zero legit complaints about my current job, even though I'm stressed out all the time between work and going to school full time. The people I work for and with are outstanding; some of the nicest people I've ever met, people I hope to stay friends with for a long time. As a designer/copy editor, my schedule is far more stable than it used to be as a writer, although I miss writing sometimes.

Like some of you have already expressed, I'm doing the job I've always wanted to do. Very few people get to say that.

I get paid a decent wage in a town with a very low cost of living, which is allowing me and the wife to save up a ton of money for our next move and our first house. I get more vacation than I can use and my benefits are amazing.

It seems like I complain a lot, but I'm not sure what about. Life is good. Even in Alabama.

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Outing alert: hankschu is Pedro Gomez. (I keed, I keed!)

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I just wanted to point out that I love that statement.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted