1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post-Gazette raises questions about W.Va Gov.'s daughter's MBA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Very long and interesting story, that raise some serious ethics questions about WVU.

It should be noted that Bresch makes about $500,000 a year.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07355/843469-28.stm

A shorter version from the AP wire, which I am unable to post (why can I not post things from the AP wiore on here, anyone?), doesn't quite do the situation justice.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

And Joe Manchin belongs with which political party?

It's easy to tell.

If he's in one party, that will mentioned in the lede, regardless of whether it has a bearing on the story.

If he belongs to the other, it's never mentioned -- even if it might have a bearing on the story.

Odd, that.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I can't get the link to work?

Never mind. It's working now.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Maybe the governor should spend time playing spin doctor for his daughter than trash Richie Rod for bolting Morgantown, methinks.

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Looks the governor, the Big Bidnessman, the gov's daughter and the newly appointed school prez are all in cahoots.

If the gov's daughter did the work and earned her degree, why won't she produce a transcript to prove her side of the argument?

Ain't it fun when the big powerful folks think they can lie, steal and cheat but then get caught?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sock,

The sooner everyone realizes that, the sooner this country'll be a better place.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tough week for the Mountaineers.

This guy is a university president at 38? That's a little young for a high school principal.

Does Michigan give away their MBA as well?

The WVU pitty party has just ended for me.

Hey, maybe George O'Leary went to WVU?

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Total crony hire re: president. He has zero experience in academia. The brought in one final candidate who saw the score and left town without ever sitting for his interview.

9. 93Devil

What university is the puppet of the governor?

I thought prisdent selection had a much more through process.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

Same political "family" controls the governor and the university. There is a reason W.Va. is in the shape it's in.

11. 93Devil

Shit, someone should take a sledge hammer to the cinder blocks the Governor's Mansion sits.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

Consider that this governor's dad was indicted and served time for embezzlement ($230 MILLION) as state treasurer ... got out, and was elected to the state legislature.

Draft saved Draft deleted