1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post-Gazette Pirates Beat

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dkphxf, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Thirty years worth of no-smoking regulations would have to be rescinded for that to happen.

2. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

I once saw Paul standing directly below a NO SMOKING sign smoking a cigarette. I pointed to the sign. His response: "I used to smoke here before they put the sign up."

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I once saw him barge into McLendon's visiting manager office, pour himself a cup of coffee, grab an ashtray and start smoking. Lloyd said, "Are you comfortable?!" and laughed.

4. Sacrilicious

Sacrilicious New Member

The recap and notebook for last night's game were written by Michael Sanserino.

I've never heard of the guy around here in Pittsburgh. I wonder how long it will take for the PG to decide on a regular Pirates beat guy for the rest of the season.

5. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

He seems to be some sort of catch-all sports reporter, covering high school, college and professional sports. It'll be interesting to see what they do here.

6. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Anyone hearing anything? Mizzougrad96?

7. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

According to Jerry Micco's chat on Wednesday, Bill Brink is the interim beat writer. It sounds like he will be covering most of the games this year at least temporarily.

8. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

We've deduced that. I imagine they're starting interviews this or next week to replace him full time, though.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

is bill brink the son/grandson of the former ny daily news managing editor bill brink?

Draft saved Draft deleted