1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post-Dispatch SE (big surprise, right?)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm told that Lori also handled preps along with enterprise so this is NOT another departure, just another of the many jobs she did.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, there were cutbacks. E&P said 31 people gone, but NO newsroom jobs eliminated. Source said the P-D was doing well in comparison to other metro dailies, but housing was causing a few problems.

What this means in regards to the SE job? Probably nothing, but I wonder if the SE will be picking a few positions to fill the staff out.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hard to hire anyone as SE.... if the recruitment line is "you can't fill any of your other 10 openings"

4. Moderator1

White Smoke - word may come down later today. A good fish is about reeled in, I'm told.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not that it matters much coming from me, but I heard the same thing just a few moments ago.

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Mad props on the Pope reference!

7. Moderator1

Pretty good for an old Jewish guy, huh? Of course, my brother's Catholic so it ain't as good as it would seem.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Word is they're still filling other openings in the newsroom. I'd imagine they'll give a new SE a little room to run, too.

9. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

To whoever gets this position, congrats.

10. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

Trusted Moddy, any chance the College of Cardinals (funny, since the job is in St. Louis) makes its announcement tonight?

11. Moderator1

No.
    Today maybe? Or maybe this one fell through? The Pipeline will find out and post.

12. Moderator1

Latest I get is the train remains on the track, still on target with the current target - just not done yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted