1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post a Song you are listening to now...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hoffs is 61? Unthinkable.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Room Full of Mirrors, Jimi cover by The Pretenders. DIG IT.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I look back, and yes, Kootch Kortchmar was a producer, but I invariably think of him as a session musician working with Russ Kunkel and Lee Sklar. Those guys became the new Wrecking Crew in the 70's, backing James Taylor, Carole King, Jackson Browne, Warren Zevon, Stevie Nicks and many more.

Speaking of Lee Sklar, who has played bass on everything with everyone it seems, he's been doing near daily videos since Covid clamped down. Basically, he picks a song he played on, reminisces and tells stories about the session and the artists involved, then plays his part along with the song. Simple format, but it works. He's a bright guy and seems to be a genuinely nice person. He was never a big druggie, which means that he is now the designated memory holder and storyteller for a bunch of the guys he worked with who were. Anyhow, search his name on Youtube, some of them are really interesting.

Here's Kootch and Lee and the rest of The Section, who backed Jackson Browne on the "Running on Empty" record, including Rosemary Butler who absolutely wailed singing background vocals. The notable player missing is guitarist extraordinaire David Lindley.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Machine Head likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Kinda typical Leland Sklar Covid video.

Machine Head likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Eleventh Earl of Mar" - Genesis

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"One For The Vine" - Genesis

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

50 years ago tonight, Elton John brought burned down the house Mission.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The Counselor is NOT in today. She wishes she was somewhere out of reach of cell phones and 2020 listening to people talking about haints and herbs.

9. Neutral Corner

Haints are easy. Do you know Margaret Tucker Windham?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

I've heard of Kathryn Tucker Windham. Is she a daughter? Granddaughter? (Not being flip. Every time I assume it's a mistype, there's a young'un sharing most of a name with an elder.)

11. Neutral Corner

No, I just screwed it up. :(

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

I do that all the time. :) Thirteen Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey should be up there with Dark and Bloodied Ground and Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. Some of my instructors worked on that last series. (One of them was also a technical advisor for the dance rituals on Harvest Home.)

Not going to say too much about ghosts. One side of the family talks to the dead on the regular and I'm expected to buy my late father a 3 Musketeers bar every DdlM. The other side has ties to Charlotte, TN, which is supposed to be the most haunted place in the state. I take friends legend tripping and they see them and I just don't. BTW, the one in the attic on 333 3rd Avenue in Nashville loves Webb Wilder and hates opera.

Draft saved Draft deleted