1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post a Song you are listening to now...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Silly Love Songs" by McCartney/Wings comes to mind, too. Not the best words or melody he's ever written, but a great bass line.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"Barracuda" (Heart) pretty damn good.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Warren Zevon’s “Hit Somebody! (The Hockey Song)”

Such a random, odd tune for him to write and record, with background vocals by David Letterman and Paul Shaeffer.

But it’s awesome and I can’t get it out of my head.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This.
    Marked difference between live and studio.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oye Como Va - love the solo

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Late 70's Robert Palmer, recorded in New Orleans, backed by the Meters and Lowell George of Little Feat playing slide on "Sailin' Shoes". Very pre-MTV Palmer.

Songbird, you want a bass line? The third song, "Sneakin' Sally through the Alley" starts at about 5:00. Try that one on for size.

Do you know Victor Wooten?

micropolitan guy likes this.
  9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I Got You by Fleetwood Mac.

Yes, it's a cover of Split Enz, but I now have a hard time hearing that song without the joint lead vocals.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is a good one. Willie Nelson on Austin City Limits, doing basically the entire classic "Red Headed Stranger" album in 1976. High quality video and audio.

I look at Willie and Bobbie Nelson, Paul English and Mickey Rafael and wonder at how young they were. Then I do the math and realize that this clip is forty-four years old...

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I love about Ipods is sometimes the perfect song comes up at the perfect moment on your shuffle. Driving home tonight, this one came up. Always been a huge Paul Carrack fan. Though the song is about generational conflict between a son and his dad - which thankfully I've never experienced - it does make me think of all the time we waste being angry and the BS we throw back and forth.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We always wish for money
    We always wish for fame
    We think we have the answers
    Some things ain't EVER gonna change ...

Draft saved Draft deleted