1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possibly the best song

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Joan osbourne- Spider Web
    *Not responsible for spelling

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And I want to have sex with Emmy Lou Harris' voice.
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Friend or Foe - Adam and the Ants
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just my imagination - the Stones' version
  5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's a very good song on a terrific album. My wife's a big fan and I'm a fan. Seen her live a couple times, once when she was playing for free outdoors in a set cut short by lightning. She kind of prowls the stage, definitely knows how to work the crowd and they in turn treat her like she's Madonna or something.
  6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea what this thread is.
  7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thank you, IJAG. Do we suggest songs?
  8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm confused because it's "possibly the best song" but one person made the first three posts. If even he can't decide on one, then what hope do the rest of us have?
  9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

We're all just rats sinking on this grand ship.
  10. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I had no idea that Audrey in National Lampoon's Vacation was played by the same actress that was Nikki on 90210.
  11. Assuming there is actually a topic to be discussed here, I've got some nominees.

Sweet Home Alabama (Skynyrd) -- This is one of the most popular songs ever. Who doesn't love it (and know most, if not all, of the lyrics)?
    Stairway to Heaven (Zeppelin) -- Like the Lord of the Rings, which it references, this is an epic masterpiece to which all others will be compared.
    A Day in the Life (Beatles) -- The perfect blend of John and Paul.
    Worlds Apart (Jars of Clay) -- I'm sure most of you have never heard this song, and it might not mean as much to a non-Christian, but this is an amazing song with complex theological themes.

I feel like there should be one more so it's five, but I can't come up with another that approaches those four for me. If I did a Mount Rushmore of great songs, I guess that would be it.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I apologize for any confusion.
    It was late. I was more than a little bit in my cups.
    And I was really digging on some music.
Draft saved Draft deleted