1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible GOP vice presidents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jan 29, 2008.

1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

If the Democrats lose, what's the early line on excuses? Racism? Sexism? Ongoing electoral incompetence?

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The base doesn't really matter, unless they supremely piss it off and it goes for some third-party yahoo. What matters is the ones in the middle, same as always. And I really don't think you appeal to those guys by sending out Mr. 9/11. You'd basically have two candidates who feel that Bush was right on, and that ain't the message to be sending. And as others have said, Mayor Mc-9/11 won't take it anyway.

I've mentioned before that I think McCain takes Florida easy because of the senior connection. If he still feels it's in doubt, though, Crist or Martinez would sew it up.

Is there anyone in Ohio on either side who could cinch that state and have nationwide appeal?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It was common knowledge (or at least CW) after Perot in 1992. Didn't stop the Nader folks in 2000.

And the GOP has created a lot of single-issue voters on immigration and abortion. They nominate McCain, who doesn't hate brown people enough, and Giuliani, who doesn't think life begins at conception, and then get a pro-life, anti-immigration third party candidate?

Like I said, he'd get 20 percent.
    Maybe 10. But hell, his 5 is enough to cost them the election.

He goes out on his own, which he's got the coin to do, they are screwed. Whoever the GOP nominee is better get ready to kiss some serious ass.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Cheating.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I thought that fell under ongoing electoral incompetence. No?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm not sure the majority around here is indicative of what the "middle" thinks.

7. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Amen to that.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Who says Bush/Cheney will even allow us to hold an election come November? I wish some sports book would let me put $20 on that prop bet.

9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

And the SportsJournalists.com middle speaks [/ducking].

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll take that bet: 20 bucks says there will be an election. Deal?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Prop bets usually carry odds, pally. You gonna give him odds?

12. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I'll give him 5 trillion to one.

Draft saved Draft deleted