1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible GOP vice presidents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jan 29, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I've seen a lot of discussion about who the Dems' veep nominee might be. Haven't seen a whole lot for the other side. Obviously it would depend on the nominee. I will say I can't see a McCain-Romney or Romney-McCain ticket, though their strengths might complement each other decently.

Who else is in the mix?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Seeing as McCain finds Romney personally loathsome, I'm going say no.

I would say Lindsey Graham, except for Graham's bachelorhood.

I was just talking to my wife about Giuliani. They like each other. Both perceived to be strong on security. Would get a lot of centrist voters.

I wish I had tapes of some of the conversations going on tonight.

4. doctor x

doctor x Member

No way Mac takes VP at 71. Have heard Florida governor Charlie Crist, though he's only beginning his first term.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Disembodied Spirit of Ayn Rand.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Hmm...speaking of Floridians, Mel Martinez could probably be had. Crist is very well-liked in Florida. He also succeeded a Bush, for whatever that's worth.

I think at this stage, Giuliani would be the equivalent of a lead balloon. Just don't see it.

7. Jonesy --
    Please don't take this the wrong way but Rudy doesn't bring a single "centrist" voter with him. First of all, there ain't that many and secondly, if there were, he'd have finished further ahead of Ron Fucking Paul in NH.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Lieberman for VP or was that already shot down?

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Rudy as VP?? I don't think he has it in him-he couldn't stand being second fiddle.

10. He'd drag his balls over broken glass for it, I know that.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Lieberman said tonight he didn't want it.

Draft saved Draft deleted