1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible Democratic VP candidates

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 8, 2008.

1. I can't see Obama and Lieberman working together. They appear to be too different to me.
    What demographic does Lieberman bring in? I think those who are split between Obama and McCain would not come to Obama because of Lieberman. It seems his strengths would be outweighed by McCain's.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

What about McCain/Leiberman ?

3. Unlikely, but I wouldn't consider it impossible.
    We nearly had Kerry/McCain last time.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're buds, actually, but can't conceive BO'd do it. Joe's been all about Joe, for years, and his solid alignment with the Drug/Insurance lobbies actually make him a better fit with HRC (though NO chance she'd ask him, either) . . .

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Never happen -- not to mention that the base would go bezerk.

6. Joe's already said no.
    Not that that matters, but he has already said no.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Since when did English and pinko-speak become one and the same?

Having said that, I wouldn't even consider Hillary a liberal. She'll just simply say anything and do anything to get elected. She has no intention - none whatsoever - of fulfilling any of her promises unless they contribute to a re-election campaign fund. That's good new-fashioned Democratic politics. It's not about getting things done, it's about consolidating your power base. Having served in the Senate, she's got the added experience of learning from careerists like Kennedy.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And she differs in that regard from the majority of the GOP in what way exactly? The same GOP, by the way, that has a significant wing that thought Mitt "How can I think like you today?" Romney was the best conservative out there.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Romney is a non-factor. He was a Corporate Suit and some of the middle class Republican backers saw through that. That makes us economic liberals these days and I could give a shit if the rich self-centered "fuck the poor" element of our party sits it out or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted