1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible Democratic VP candidates

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Possible Democrat VP candidates

Kerrey has endorsed, and has made commercials, for Hillary Clinton. Hence the Hell No.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

First, Bob Kerrey has endorsed Hillary. And he wouldn't even be her VP.

So, no. And Fuck No to Sam Nunn.

Anywho, Hillary would pick Wes Clark.

Obama is a little less predictable. Webb is intriguing. I still carry a torch for Daschle, realizing it isn't likely. Sebelius is also a possibility -- especially given that she's a governor. Russ Feingold is likely out due to geographical proximity (and I don't think he's endorsed, yet, except to pimp slap Edwards) but I would love to see him there.

And I remind everyone before the speculation starts -- it won't be Richardson for either of the Dems. Perhaps I'm wrong on that, but that's what my people tell me.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't see those commercials or hear that endorsement.
    Maybe he'll be her VP?

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How about Clinton-Clinton? Or Clinton-Guy-Tucker? Or Clinton-McDougal? Or Clinton-Hubbell?....... ;D

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

For some reason I just posted this but it didn't go through. So here goes again.

Webb is truly a Great American. As I posted on the board of who would you appoint. Definitely Webb.

If he is Barack's VP choice, it would not only open the door for a 2012 run if they somehow lost to McCain - hey it happened to the Patriots - but it would definitely make him the front-runner for the White House in 2016. I would vote for Mr. Webb in a heartbeat!

6. Re: Possible Democrat VP candidates

No, dammit.
    Webb stays in the Senate.
    No senators. Period.
    The balance there is too important.
    And the thread title is wrong and stupid.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

That's funny Fen. I just realized that he used the Democrat instead of Democratic.

He must be a Republican hack to do such a thing.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I tend to agree -- Obama has said time and again that part of the reason he wants to campaign in all the states is to help downticket and secure the biggest Senate majority possible. So who does that leave the FU+RTG crowd with besides Kathleen, Queen of the Great Plains (who I like, but who might not be ready for prime time)?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Clinton gets the nomination, she needs to beg Obama to be her VP. I think he would do it. He can make history and then run for president in eight years...

I don't see Clinton taking the No. 2 slot if Obama wins the nom.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Agree with the last part, but will note: (1) Don't think BO would want her, and,
    more importantly: (2) Given my agreement . . . who died and made her queen?

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Clinton-Some white guy
    Obama-Some white guy

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Lifelong Democrat here.
    The party name is Democrat, not Democratic, so when talking about our VP possibilities, I used the party name, instead of the variation of it ending ic.

Draft saved Draft deleted