1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Posnanski's KC Royals piece in SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 17, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's no better than sycophantism. Very little middle ground for established writers.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I liked it. If that makes me a sycophant, so be it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Completely missed the point.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Someone should compile a list of all the rookies/prospects who got full drool from SI, then flopped.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Admittedly, one of these guys came out OK:

[​IMG]

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's an awesome shot. McDonald with the ball in his mouth is cracking me up.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That's so Mussina, too. Bored, disinterested look. "There are so many other places I'd rather be."

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I've seen dozens of pieces on how great the Royals farm system is. Nothing wrong with a different approach.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

upon further review...

i read the piece last night. it's pulled off as well as it could be; still not my cup of tea but i certainly no longer have a problem with joe p. taking a shot -- he deserves the extra rope -- even it wasn't up to his usual standards, imo. but joe p.'s briiliance is that his talent is so rich that even his lesser pieces are never a waste of time. in that regard he's in gary smith's class. he can't go wrong.

11. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

speaking of posnanski, anybody know what's going on with him? his twitter feed says he has some sort of announcement coming.

12. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

He writes of these prospects as if they're ironclad and fireproof. The Royals wouldn't be the first team to have their prizes on the farm turn up fool's gold.

At least it isn't another one of his usual maudlin arrangements.

Draft saved Draft deleted