1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Posnanski to SI?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BartonK, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hell, we've all got egos. Some of us keep them in check, some of us channel them into the work and steer them clear of our professional demeanors or personal lives, some of us make sure that our skills and effort and enthusiasm push ahead of the ego in how we do our jobs.

Then there's the rest of you. ;D

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Sounds about right -- think he and Vac are roughly the same age. Yup, 41, as of April 2008.

And I've never read anything of Poz's that made me think he had a larger-than-normal ego.

3. Q-Bert

Q-Bert Member

Not sure where you come up with this.

His writing, if anything, is self deprecating and humble.

Have met him three times. You could not be more wrong.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

He has a little bit of an ego. But I think it's pushed aside by 1) Whitlock's massive ego; and 2) His love of writing, which trumps any self-importance that might exist.

I think Pos has stayed put for the same reason Whitlock has stayed put: They are very well-known and loved figures in Kansas City, and the Star takes really good care of them.

There's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone wants to go to that circus known as New York sports media.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Joe is one of of the nicest guys in this business.
    Good for him for turning talent and an insatiable thirst to write into what hopefully is a lucrative merger.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in the midwest, the star is bigger than anything NYC has to offer.

it's called perspective.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Fannin has been a big reason both have stayed.

8. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

He wrote a column way back when where he said he did radio early in his career and he hated it.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what would it take to get you to go?

Draft saved Draft deleted