1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Posnanski to SI?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BartonK, Aug 17, 2008.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Having checked out those three hints, it seems pretty obvious that the blog will somehow be linked to SI.com. I don't think Joe's leaving KC for either the mag or the website, though.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe he takes Rushin's old spot...

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

SI.com seems to be adding links to other sports sites; for instance, DaWizOfOdds will be linked to on the SI.com college football page. So maybe Poz's blog will see similar linkage.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Cut your losses.

As soon as I saw that it was an olympic edition, I knew she'd be back there. She was awful, again. I wish I had read her at the Times, so I could know why everyone thought she'd be good at this & maybe have a theory as to why she is so not good at it.

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I have no clue why they brought her over, she's brought nothing to the table. Maybe she was better at the times, but I think Poz would be a massive upgrade.

6. Aurelio

Aurelio Member

Posnanski would need three pages, not one. The more pumped he is about a column, the longer he writes.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Give him 5.

8. Aurelio

Aurelio Member

Better yet, let him have Gary Smith space. That would suit him best. Back page needs to be quick and funny, the way Reilly was before he got tired or lazy. As good as Posnanski is, he's not a quick, lively read.

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Depends on your definition of "quick."

I could read a four-page column by Poz in the same amount of time it would take me to read one of Rick Reilly's 800-word columns. He's just an easy, easy read.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

never understood the love for reilly. he was yet another reason why i thought/think SI sucked/sucks.

so irrelevant in so many ways.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You're either really young, really stupid or both...

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yes, because it was a simple matter for Reilly to transfer his scary talent to TV.Oh wait...

Draft saved Draft deleted