1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pos slobbers John Daly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jun 30, 2011.

1. This ...
    He was a HUGE draw at last year's Greenbrier Classic - in the absence of well-known names.

2. Was he a Nolan Richardson recruit?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How do you play defense on a golf course? With the wedge?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wow, Inky completely misread YGB's post.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, good heavens.

Execute a 320-yard drive and then get back to me.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn, I sure did. But don't spoil the fun.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

No. He seems to embrace the snow. He started to lose me when he did a ridiculous piece suggesting that Willie Mays really wasn't a grump, he was just uncomfortable being in the spotlight. Let's remember that Mays played MLB for 22 seasons, then took a series of jobs that traded on his celebrity. He's also been making seven figures signing his name at autograph shows for decades. So he's not exactly a recluse.

Posnanski compared this to a time when he was in a wedding party and felt uncomfortable with people looking at him. Based on that experience, he concluded that poor Willie must be constantly squirming from the stares, therefore it's little wonder he's short with people who have just paid $125 for his signature on a photo.

Pos is all about finding the good in people that others just haven't been able to see.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My apologies for not putting the smiley face at the end of that statement. Was meant as a joke.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just because he can drive a ball 320 doesn't make golf a sport. Hell, I can't balance a cheerleader's two feet on my hands with my arms extended high, either. Wanna argue with me that cheerleading is a sport then too?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What was the score of your cheerleading game?

11. Randy Quaid tried in Caddyshack 2.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh. Then, I'm sorry too. Didn't read like a joke.

Draft saved Draft deleted