1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Portis on female reporters: "...somebody got to be appealing to her."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Sep 14, 2010.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The apology has already been issued but I still don't know why he's apologizing other than the Redskins apparently telling him that he should.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

He is such a portis.

3. Flash

Flash Active Member

Yup. Didn't take long at all.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/Clinton-Portis-Should-Probably-Not-Speak-on-Women-In-the-Workplace-102881199.html

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, I have formulated the opinion that he is a goofball. These comments and the stripper pole make me think his ideas about women may be different than mine. It's an opinion, one founded in how he has presented himself.

Did I say he was a bad guy? No. Just a goofball who has proven he really shouldn't be taken seriously.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know, I have managed to find some women attractive even when they were wearing clothes. Not sure why Portis seems to think that the "packages" would seal the deal.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not sure I've ever said this before, but outofplace is right!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The video of her doesn't help her case either.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/09/14/clinton-portis-on-ines-sainz-i-mean-he-talked-about-her/

Look, if the Jets players did say something or do anything to suggest harassment, they should get punished, besides the NFL and Woody Johnson apologizing to her.

I find a bit of irony and hypocrisy that she can continue to dress like that, and male athletes get ripped (and deservedly so) for even glancing.

And she doesn't think anyone will notice it?

Sorry, sweetheart, dress it down a bit. What hard-core FNC viewers is going to "ignore" you boobs in that video?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Plumber blouse.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

What is so bad about this comment? Does anyone in this room believe that this woman doesn't slightly enjoy getting to look at naked pro athletes? That not one of them is nice to look at in her eyes? Give me a break. The fact that anyone is pretending this comment was offensive is just dumb. It's 100% true.

Like this "reporter" doesn't know what she really is. Take a look at the outfit she was wearing that day. And then throw in the fact she didn't even give a shit and ignored the whole thing...it was her colleague that made this into a story.

This whole story was dumb from the beginning. Hot chick with an all-world ass wears skin-tight jeans, walks into room of naked dudes and they say things about her. Dog bites man.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Portis' comment was dumb, but I was more bothered by Dan Patrick's constant referring to the reporter as a girl.

11. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

IllMil - The problem is Portis is referring to all female reporters, not just her.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know if he is a goofball or someone who loves giving the media something to talk about. He has an opinion. He expresses it. I just look at it as that, nothing more.

Draft saved Draft deleted