1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Portis on female reporters: "...somebody got to be appealing to her."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Sep 14, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I was sitting on the bus, minding my own business, when it stopped in front of the gym. My eyes were closed, but I could tell someone else was getting on....

Anyhoo, 21, great get of the Reece post. One of the best posts ever.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Don't apologize, she was asking for it. Post stuff like that, you get what you get.

3. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Not wearing shower clogs in a gym shower room--asking for athlete's foot, warts, or worse.

Not showering after a workout in gym unisex shower room after a workout--I don't get it.

If it isn't modesty, what is it? And if it is modesty, why?

And how did we get from there to here, anyway? This whole thing is almost a variation on the old saw, "What do women want?", which was sexist in the first place. Best to cover the leticibles and speak carefully when the other sex is in the room, unless you're clairvoyant.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It is modesty. Most definitely. Why? I think it's something you're born with... you either have it or you don't.

Good post, though - agree with your last thought.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sports Bog asks two Skins players about the nude dynamic in the locker room...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/cooley_and_rabach_on_locker_ro.html#more

Draft saved Draft deleted